Gulf Oil Tracker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Low on Blood

I'm not sure if it's the warmer temperatures down here that thin the blood or if it's just part of old-timers disease, but 3 different times on 3 different days over the past week or so I've had a sudden drop in blood pressure, causing lightheadedness and dizziness. Steve was actually the one who suggested this might be what's happening (I'm guessing he had done some consulting with nurse Mary at Covenant). I Checked out the heart associations website and found that sure enough, a sudden drop in blood pressure can indeed cause the above symptoms. As reassuring as it was to read that this might be the cause, it didn't give any great solutions for the cure except see your doctor. Not being close to my doctor right now, thats hard to do. One thing I did do was to drink some water, get something to eat and sit down for awhile or lay down. I couldn't one of the times because I was at a show and in the middle of doing a custom job for someone when it hit out of the blue and I felt like I had just taken some psycedelic drug. I made it thru the day ok, but hated it. If anyone has any other suggestions (other than see my doctor) I'd appreciate it as this is becoming a pain in the butt to deal with. One thing it did suggest (which helps to recall the events, but doesn't solve the problem) is to keep a diary of when and what happened for later...like one can forget these things.

Well, thats about it, still at the Studio6 in Roswell, GA... will be for another week...thru next Friday. Good sales last weekend and a big 2 day show north of here this weekend in Cumming, GA. I think I'll drop into a pharmacy on the way and check the old blood pressure and kick the tires to see if all is sound.

No comments: