Gulf Oil Tracker

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why now you ask?

After 62 years of being blog free, why start blogging as I  approach my 63rd birthday (on Jan 2*) ? Well, As I get older and my little grey cells seem to be dying off, I figured before I head out on the road again I would do this to document where I am at so family and friends can have some way of locating me in case I forget where I'm at and how to get home. Then you can send out the St. Bernard with a keg of whiskey to lead me back home. It's also a way to share some of the pics along the way which seem to be using up my computer memory. It may give a few clues... kind of like dropping breadcrumbs as to finding me as I travel the country. It also gives me a chance to just ramble on (as I always do). Instead of boring you with endless stories and details, you can just skip to the end for the punchline or at least have some pictures to look at. 

*Note: this is not a solicitation for cards or presents.

1 comment:

Nancy Dietrich said...

Woo-hoo! My dad is so hip he has a blog! My dad's hipper than your dad, na-na, na-na, na'na...