Gulf Oil Tracker

Friday, December 28, 2007

Current Travel


Thursday night in Kentucky

The drive to Fort Campbell, KY was uneventful and smooth driving all the way. A little fog after Bloomington, but not bad at all.
Stayed the night at Days Inn and was awakened at 4:30 am by a thunderstorm and torrential rain.


Friday... on to Atlanta

Well, Roswell actually (just North of Atlanta.) This trip wasn't as smooth as Thursday's. Periods of heavy rain, slick roads, fog and stop and go traffic most of the trip. On top of that, the "check engine" light was on for the last 106 miles. I was told, not to worry...as long as it isn't flashing...which it wasn't. I don't remember the road that last 106 mi. as I kept my eye on the light waiting for it to start flashing. Made it safe and sound to my temporary home at the Studio 6 in Roswell until next Friday and then ... if I have the work done...get to head back home. That is if the 6" of new snow in Madison is gone by then. Hate to be picky, but I prefer the 60 degree temps here...even with some light rain.

Watch for more updates as the week goes on.

No comments: