Gulf Oil Tracker

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Racing the Ice Storm


As I was racing on my current trip from the show in Naperville, IL on Sunday to get to Atlanta to paint some jobs this week before another show this next Saturday, I was trying to beat the perilous ice storm heading East that was about to paralize the Midwest and much of the South. I made it as far as Clarksville, TN on Monday night as the rain was just starting. I was about 45 mi North of Nashville and it was dark, so I decided to stop. I had hoped to get just past Nashville before the storm started. What I did miss was the ice and snow which hit Kentucky, Indiana and much of Southern Illinois shortly after I made it thru those states. I didn't know if I would be able to get back on the road before Thursday as there were warnings of temp drops and more freezing rain hitting the area I was in. I mad a dash about noon today thru the rain and frozen trees to get past Nashville and down into Alabama. Once I got South of Nashville and thru an area of fog...the skys cleared, the sun came out and off came the winter coat and hooded sweatshirt. I was still a wreck from the drive to this point, so stopped for a good nights sleep in Huntsville, AL. Back on the road again in the am to finish the last 3-4 hr drive to Atlanta. I will be there thru part of next week to finish up some jobs and then may or may not return before I have to be back in South Carolina for a show on Feb 14th. I will let you all know...once I have made my decision....the weather is definately better down here...so that may be a deciding factor.

No comments: