Gulf Oil Tracker

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

California hypocricy

As I watched the elections last night I knew that the West coast would go blue once again and Obama would be a clear winner. I also knew that prop 8 would be close, but I am saddened to see this morning that it is looking more likely that yes on prop 8 may be the winner and gays and Lesbians have to ride in the back of the bus once again. I think it was expressed best by Autumn Sandeen from California on Pams Houseblend blog: "So in my mind, perhaps the saddest commentary on "liberal" Californians sense of equality and fairness is to say that in my home state where, to this point, 63.3% of its voters found the mistreatment of farm animals something worthy of being legislated against, and 52.8% of voters believed eliminating the fundamental right of gays and lesbians to marry worthy of a state constitutional amendment."

We are fighters, will continue to fight and know disappointment. We just have to all remember there is hope out there and it is just a matter of time before we see equality for EVERYONE including...gay, bi, and transgender.

No comments: