Gulf Oil Tracker

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I pray for my friends in the South


We have many friends in Florida, southern Louisiana, Alabama and Texas and my heart goes out to them with Gustov approaching. I pray for everyones safety and hope they have all left the area as the mayor of New Orleans has said this could be the mother of all storms and the West bank which was spared during Katrina is also at risk this time The expected storm surge which could hit with waves as high as 20' or higher may overtake the 10'+ levies which protect the West Bank. Winds may exceed the 130mph of Katrina and the mayor said there isn't a building in town built to withstand winds above 150mph.

I think one of the saddest things is that people have worked so hard to return to their homes and rebuild from Katrina may once again be devastated and may loose everything once again. If Gustov does hit as they predict, I worry that New Orleans will never recover from this one. Many will just be too scared to ever go back and will start anew elsewhere.

No comments: